Sunday, July 4, 2010

Angels fly because they take themselves lightly



Photobucket
Photobucket

"So we living life like a video, where the sun is always out, and you never get old and the champagne's always cold and the music's always good..." - Jay-Z

Been back in town for about 3 days now, been editing my ass off and finding time to have a social life in between all of that. Might be heading off to the mountains tomorrow for a week, which I just found out about like 30 minutes ago. I'm a free bird, ready to fly at a moment's notice. That's how I am, that's how I have to be.

Photobucket
Photobucket

She ran into the sun, with arms open wide and a heart full of promises. For her the sea was never ending, her eyes falling prey to the deception of nature. Beautiful and dangerous and captivating and misleading, all of which made sense to a broken woman. There was no going back, she was a child of the rip tide.

Life had a way of catching up to her, so she escaped. She danced with the fish and slept with the sharks. She was elusive and mysterious and entrancing and trouble. Beautiful trouble. The stars lit her way and the moon consoled her, though she was thousands of leagues under the sea, her head was in the sky.

She had become one with her surroundings and of the earth. Daisy-like eyes, seaweed-like hair, sand-colored skin, wind-like breath, tree root-like fingers and toes, strawberry-like stained lips, with a mountain for a body. The universe was her playground.

Photobucket
Photobucket

So today is July 4. Happy 4th of July, would be in order I suppose. My heart is with the people who fight for this country and those who have lost their lives for this country and not necessarily the country itself. The United States is the definition of corruption at its finest.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Anyways, Florida was fun. I'm pretty sure I've had enough Florida to last me a lifetime, don't get me wrong, I like the state, but it was just an appetizer, I want the entree. You know? The only thing I miss is the beach and watching the sunrise over the ocean every morning from our balcony. It kept my head clear and since I've been home all the clutter has returned. How do you let someone new into your heart when someone else still has it? I have no clue, but I need to figure it out ASAP.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Trust in the Lord thy God with ALL thy heart & lean not towards thine own understanding - Proverbs 3:5

I have so much trouble doing this, it's like I'm programmed to hold on instead of let go. I have no control, I'm going through the motions of a planned life, I just want to enjoy that life. I learn so much from nature, how it just goes with the flow and doesn't try to resist the course of it's natural life whether that's a tree or a flower or a bird or butterfly. I need to be able to do this, I pray for that ability. Lord knows, I'm not asking to understand, just for some clarity.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Well, I've gotta go and start packing, again, who needs a closet? Haha. I have tons of pics left to post from Florida, so they'll be in the upcoming posts, and I'll be bringing my camera and Mac to the mountains, let's just hope this cabin will have Wi-Fi.

Someone is tugging at my heart strings and knocking at the steel door, I've never been so tempted to open it and let them in, maybe it's time.

Photobucket

If not me, then who? If not now, then when?

-Free Bird

No comments: