Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The Truth of the Matter is I'm Complicated


Photobucket
There is a time to love and a time to cry and time to do both at the exact same time. I believe that one of the most amazing things about life are the connections you establish with other people. Each one individual and unique and special and dear. Timing is everything. It's sort of heartbreaking when two people whom are perfect for one another meet at the wrong times in their lives. Yet, somehow, we all hold on to that last sliver of hope that maybe someday the stars will be aligned in your favor. The truth of the matter is, in my opinion, that love and everything that it entails can be established with numerous people. Whether people open themselves up to this possibility is a different matter entirely. Monogamy is a beautiful thing, but my heart is a polygamist by nature.
Photobucket
Photobucket
"And in that moment what you failed to realize was that time was our biggest enemy, constantly chipping away at us. We forgot about the seconds turning into minutes turning into hours and forgot that our hellos were destined to become goodbyes. And in that moment, you were perfect and I was perfect and we were the beginning and the middle and the end. And during that fleeting moment of time we made our impression on life and how beautiful it could be."
-Me
Photobucket
Photobucket
"I was born upon hot coals, fire burning deep within, some have tried to put me out, yet I always manage to catch again. I’ve burned everyone brave enough to love me at some point or another, that’s the way it has to be. Me dancing in the wind, you can’t catch me. I was raised to learn the hard way and I’m okay with that. I know nothing of the future, but I illuminate the now. You can’t tame fire with fire, I need your water, it’s the only thing strong enough to put me out."
-Me
Photobucket
I fall for so many people, each for different reasons, maybe that's a good thing and maybe it's completely horrible. I'm human and I feel entitled to make mistakes. In my opinion, to die at 100 is to still be robbed of time and life seems short, still. What I mean is that, my life will soon come to an end, whether it's tomorrow or several decades from now, I'm going to live my life, I may hurt people in the process and I know I will be hurt in the process. Moving on and moving forward and taking steps back, repeating mistakes, giving into lust, giving into love, giving into my heart instead of my mind, is just a part of the journey. It's not immature, it's mature, it's knowing that I, nor anyone else for that matter, will be knowledgeable enough to always make the right decisions and choices and I'm infinitely okay with that.

-Free Bird

No comments: